I’m tired of being a person I’m ready to be a flower now
- it doesn’t matter how many pounds you’ve lost or gained
- how many scars or stitches you have
- how many times you’ve been to treatment and where you’ve gone
- how many medical complications you have
- how many times you’ve been at death’s door
- how many years you’ve been struggling
- how many diagnoses you have
- how many meds you’ve been on
- how many drug cocktails you’ve tasted
- or how high you’ve gotten
illness is not a fucking competition
How do you teach your dog to catch a frisbee ? Like do you keep throwing it at its face until something happens ?
That’s how my dad taught me.